al-arafah islami bank limited was established as a private limited company on 18 June 1995. The inaugural ceremony took place on 27 September 1995. High quality customer service through the integration of modern technology and new products is the tool of the bank to achieve success. The bank has a diverse array of carefully tailored products and services to satisfy customer needs. al-arafah islami bank limited is committed to contribute significantly to the national economy. It has made a positive contribution towards the socio economic development of the country with 78 branches of which 21 is AD throughout the country. As SME has emerged as a thrust sector.al-arafah islami bank limited also considers it important to extend and enhance finance for the same. Keeping this idea in the forefront, the bank has prepared an integrated policies, methods and procedures for SME investment.
The economy of Bangladesh mostly depends on rural development. Poverty stands in the way of the growth of this economy. Although a number of NGOs and financial organizations work in the sub-urban and villages with a view to alleviating poverty, a very few are found working with the compliance of Islamic Sariah. It is a national responsibility to alleviate abject poverty from the rural area. To help change the socio-economic condition of the impoverished people of the villages, Al-Arafah Islami Bank Limited has initiated a project entitled “Krishi O Grameen Khudra Biniog Prokolpa (Microfinance). With this project, al-arafah islami bank limited is working for reduction of poverty, development in agricultural sectors, creation of job opportunities etc. We hope this will develop the socio-economic condition of a large segment of the rural folk.
It is a group based work. The main characteristics are:
- This is a supervised investment programme
- A group consists of 5 (five) members
- 8 (eight) groups make a Samitee. It means that a Samitee contains 40 members
- Every group has a Group Leader and a Deputy Group Leader
- Every Samitee has a Samitee Leader and a Deputy Samitee Leader
- All members must attend the weekly meeting
- Ceiling of Microfinance Investment is from Tk. 3,000 to Tk. 50,000.
- To facilitate rural entrepreneurs
- To develop socio-economic condition of rural people
- To save rural people from usury
- To facilitate the growth of agro-industries
- To create employment scope
- To broaden the base of Islamic Banking in the rural society
- To encourage women entrepreneurs
Securities Against Investment
- Members in a group are the guarantor of each other
- Personal guarantee of local eminent personalities
- Hypothecation of stock-in-trade and goods to be fixed delivered under deferred payment
- If necessary, Bank may lien personal savings and Long term deposits
- Nationality Certificate from Union Parishad Chairman or Birth Registration Certificate or National ID card,
- Letter of group guarantee
- Letter of agreement
- Some necessary Charge Documents
- Permanent resident of branch’s commanding area
- Age must range between 18 to 50 years
- Physically fit and capable of working hard
- The person borrowed any amount of money from other institution is not eligible to be our microfinance member
- All members in a group are the guarantor of each other
- Other terms and conditions stipulated by the bank
- Members of the group have to open a Non-operative Savings Account in their individual names
- Minimum Weekly compulsory savings is 0.2% of approved investment
- Normally members cannot withdraw their savings before adjustment of investment, but when emergency, they can take it by fulfilling some terms and conditions.
Rate of Profit/ Rent
- Working Capital Investment : 15% (On Reducing Balance Method)
- Risk Fund :01% of Investment Limit (Payable before disbursement)
- Weakly installment basis
- Number of installment is 50 (2% of Investment per week).
al-arafah islami bank limited Head Office address
al-arafah islami bank limited .
36, Dilkusha(6-9 Floor) C/A Dhaka-1000, Bangladesh.
Tele PABX : +880-2-7123255-7, 9568007, 9569353
Fax : + 880-2-9569351
SWIFT : ALARBDDH
Website : www.al-arafahbank.com